An exciting opportunity has risen for a multi-skilled enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Manufacturing Technician.
All training and core skills will be given to bring the applicates product knowledge to the level required. This will not be conclusive and if the engineer feels that they need more, the company will provide it as and when required.
Background to the Company
Originally founded in 1886, Smith Bros & Webb Limited (Britannia Wash Systems) is considered by many to be the foremost British manufacturer of automatic wash machines in the bus, truck, tram and train wash sectors, with a highly professional support network of factory trained engineers. Sold under the brand Britannia, a name synonymous with quality and longevity in the vehicle wash industry, the British designed vehicle washes can be found in the United Kingdom and throughout the world.
Smith Bros & Webb Limited is currently being restructured and reorganised and this has created exciting new opportunities for people to join the business and play a full part in its future development.
Core Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee and manufacture of all Britannia products in line with production requirements to fulfil machine orders.
- Carry out the dismantling, inspection and refurbishment of nominated equipment returned to the main manufacturing site.
- Assist in the review, production and enhancement of existing manufacturing and installation methods.
- Ensure housekeeping procedures are always adhered to.
- Carry out all manufacturing processes for all manufactured items as and when required.
- Assist in the completion of all electrical installation works on pre delivered plant rooms.
- Ensure all assembly areas are maintained to a high standard of organisation and tidiness.
- Support service engineers with technical queries and issues on site related to manufactured items.
- Competent in the use of all hand and power tools.
- Mig Welding & metalwork would be advantageous.
- Plumbing of pipework associated with pumps and filtration.
- Electrical qualification would be advantageous.
- Professional approach to work ethic.
In addition to the above, the successful candidate will also be required to:
- Maintain a sound understanding and adhere to the companies ‘Code of Conduct and policies.
- Display the highest level of verbal and written communication to our customers.
- Learn about your organisation's products & services and keeping up to date with changes.
- Communicate any issues with management team clearly and concisely.
- Conduct yourself consistently in a positive manor.
- Grow and Change with the role.
Please forward your CV to:
Or call us on 01789 767021 for more information