Field Service Engineer
Due to continued growth in our service division, Britannia Wash Systems require a multi-skilled service engineer to join its service team in order to support its client base within London and the southeast.
With customer sites across the UK we are going through an exciting period of growth and are looking for ambitious people who are looking to grow in the service industry as a Field Service Engineer.
We are currently looking for experienced Plant Service Engineer to carry out day-to-day maintenance of customers wash facilities on-site along with other ancillary equipment
- Tasks and Responsibilities include
- Conduct route cause analysis investigations and rectification on faulty, warn or damaged equipment when attending breakdowns or service-related jobs
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on company and customer equipment.
- Develop and implement creative ideas to reduce technical failures.
- To carry out the installation and routine maintenance visits to vehicle washing machines, water reclaim systems and equipment relating to bus, truck & rail operators
- To carry out emergency breakdown repairs to vehicle washing equipment and water reclaim systems; both SB&W and other manufacturers as and when required
- To Co-ordinate and assist with the installation of new & refurbished equipment, to include organising accommodation and allocated team personnel.
- Provide or organise weekend cover and be on standby as required.
- As part of the role, you may be required to spend nights away from home when installing/repairing machines
- To recognise and conform to the Company’s Terms & Conditions of Employment and the requirements of the Health & Safety Legislation.
- Provide technical support to Sales on machine selection, performance and capability, both by phone and on-site customer facing meetings.
- Carry out site inspections/surveys for new equipment sales.
- Communicate any additional requirements to Service so they can obtain quotations.
- To communicate positively and effectively at all times
- Ensure effective capacity planning is being met and advise the Sales & Service manager of improvements to reduce costs and o/time
- To be actively involved in R&D project work as and when required.
- To ensure that Health & Safety is the main focus of your activities on or off-site.
- Work with colleagues and service departments to help develop better products and improve installation efficiency.
- Effectively communicate & document engineers performance and technical ability to the Service Manager, highlighting specific areas of improvement needed and achieved
- Ensure all company documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures relevant to your role are adhered to.
- To inform when further training or advice is required in order for you to safely carry out your duties.
- Expected to be competent in both machine fitting / repair work, plumbing and electrical work. Training will be given as and when required to ensure you are conversant with any type of machine.
- The job requires a level of understanding of Health & Safety along with both mechanical and basic electrical knowledge.
- A general understanding of Mechanics, Electrics, Hydraulics and Pneumatics is essential
- Familiarity of working with electric motors, drive shafts, pumps, gearboxes and PLC’s/PCB’s
- Experience of dealing with the general public and good customer service skills, preferably involving explanation and advice.
- Mechanical maintenance, repair and installation
- Level 3 or equivalent qualifications would be an advantage.
- Proficient in electrical installations ideally to 18th edition would be an advantage.
- Clean driver’s license essential
- Willingness to travel with overnight stays
Please forward your CV to:
Or call us on 01789 767021 for more information.