Customer Service Manager
Due to departmental restructuring and reorganisation, we have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Customer Services Manager.
The Customer Service Manager's day-to-day duties are as follows:
- Overseeing the customer services delivery KPIs within the Service Department.
- Training and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Service Desk.
- On-boarding and training new employees.
- Setting/agreeing customer satisfaction KPIs and assisting in the implementation of policies and processes in line with achieving set company goals.
- Interacting and managing customers regularly by ensuring the delivery of supplier excellence whilst resolving any queries or concerns appropriate to their needs.
- Creating customer loyalty programs to increase revenue and improve client retention.
- Staying updated on developments in the customer services field.
- Improve customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth.
- Set a clear customer satisfaction mission and deploy strategies focused on that mission.
- Develop customer service procedures, policies, and standards.
- Keep accurate records and document customer service actions and discussions.
- Analyse statistics and compile accurate reports for issuing to key accounts through periodic contract reviews.
- Deputise for Service Manager.
- Ensure efficient scheduling of engineer’s workload is achieved and diaries are confirmed in advance through service desk activities.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Control resources and utilise assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Maintain an orderly workflow according to priorities.
- Communicate courteously with customers by telephone, email, letter and face-to-face.
- Take ownership and investigate/resolve customers' problems/queries, which may be complex or long-standing, that have been passed on by Service Desk Personnel, Finance or Customer.
- Handle customer complaints or any major incidents to a satisfactory conclusion.
The Successful Customer Service Manager must have the following skills/experience:
- A background within a manufacturing company is a huge advantage
- Experience in Customer Service Management, managing the whole process
- You must be a strategic thinker
- Strong leadership, teambuilding, and mentoring skills.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong understanding of technical processes
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Data analytics skills and experience with strong attention to detail
- Flexible thinking, including the ability to pivot and try new approaches when faced with challenges.
- Organisational, planning, and documentation skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and formulating analytical data. Hands on approach.
- Capacity planning.
- Microsoft Word & Outlook.
- Experience of processing data on CRM systems. Protean.
Skills which would be an advantage to have
- Mechanical engineering interests.
- BOM costing and configuration.
- Tender processing
- knowledge of bus truck & rail washing & water reclamation technology and processes.
What's on offer for the successful Customer Service Manager?
- A salary of £26-30k per annum
- Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm / Friday 8.30am – 2.30pm
- 30 mins lunch break per day.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays per annum.
- Pension. 3% employer 5% employee.
- Friday early finish
- Free parking
Please forward your CV to:
Or call us on 01789 767021 for more information.